Five important immediate steps you can take to recognize a psychopath
Psychopaths are mentally ill and can be extremely dangerous. The following precautions will help to protect you from the destructive acts of which psychopaths in their extreme behavior are capable.
First, to recognize them, keep the following guidelines in mind:
1) They are habitual liars. They seem incapable of either knowing or telling the truth about anything.
2) They are egotistical to the point of narcissism. They really believe they are set apart from the rest of humanity by some special grace.
3) They scapegoat; they are incapable of either having the insight or willingness to accept responsibility for anything they do. Whatever the problem, it is always someone else's fault.
4) They are remorselessly vindictive when thwarted or exposed.
5) Genuine religious, moral, or other values play no part in their lives. They have no empathy for others and are capable of violence. Under older psychological terminology, they fall into the category of psychopath or sociopath, but unlike the typical psychopath, their behavior is masked by a superficial social facade.
For further reading and understanding.